Answer the questions in the template in comprehensive, complete sentences. Do not provide brief answers. Instead, compose at least 4-5 full sentences (I.e., a full paragraph) that answer each of the posed questions.
Please remember that your task is to not only write your own assessment, but to show that you are able to draw connections between your readings and your reflection. Use concepts and theories from the appropriate chapters, explain your understanding of their application, and show how they help you understand yourself. Do not forget to tie each answer to personal and professional communication effectiveness. Finally, remember to cite properly in-text (Author, YEAR) and at the end of your reflection with a fully formatted APA reference.
The Social Mirror Assignment
1. Explain the meaning of social mirror referring to your textbook and interpreting using your own words. Next, apply to yourself and explore what others would say about you that is generally positive. Why do they see you in this way? (use specific examples). Connect the concept to these reactions and explain how that relates to both inter and intrapersonal communication.
2. Explain the Johari Window referring to your textbook and interpreting using your own words. Next, explain what falls within the “Blind” area and consider how you might find out your blind area. What “constructive suggestions” would others offer to help you improve or change and why? What relevance does that have to your communication as a professional?
3. Explain the meaning of personality and its relationship with interpersonal communication referring to your textbook and interpreting using your own words. Thinking about that explanation, what do you most like about yourself and how does it help you communicate with others? Consider taking The Enneagram Personality Test to help you reflect on this question and be sure to integrate the findings into your response:
4. Explain what you learned about the process of self-analysis from your textbook. Next, examine what you most dislike in yourself and would like to change. Why do you want to change or how does it affect you negatively (use specific examples)? Finish by assessing the implications of these changes to your professional and personal communication.
5. Explain self-awareness and the processes that might be employed to develop our self-concept (remember to refer to your textbook interpreting what you learned). Next, examine self-beliefs that limit you and explain how that happens (use specific examples). Finish by assessing the implications of these limitations to your professional success.
6. Thinking back to question 5, elaborate on how these beliefs might have been created or influenced by your social mirror. Be sure to think back to various communication encounters or messages that have been imprinted and use these as examples to support your explanation.
7. Since it is possible – perhaps even likely – that these weaknesses or limitations are more imagined than real, what could you do to turn them into strengths? Use your assigned readings and seek additional scholarly sources to identify a few research-proven strategies that might be helpful.
8. Explain the meaning and significance of self-disclosure referring to your textbook as source support. How does self-disclosure impact your personal and/or professional relationships? Next, write about who could help you make these changes or give you feedback about your progress, and how that might benefit you in the future.
9. Think back on the questions and identify a few that were more difficult to complete than others. Explain why.
10. What did you learn about yourself in this exercise?
(remember that you should cite your textbook and locate additional scholarly sources to demonstrate knowledge gained).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.