1) Read the income dataset, “zipIncomeAssignment.csv”, into R. (You can find the csv file in iLearn under the Content -> Week 2 folder.)
2) Change the column names of your data frame so that zcta becomes zipCode and meanhouseholdincome becomes income.
3) Analyze the summary of your data. What are the mean and median average incomes?
4) Plot a scatter plot of the data. Although this graph is not too informative, do you see any outlier values? If so, what are they?
5) In order to omit outliers, create a subset of the data so that:
$7,000 < income < $200,000 (or in R syntax , income > 7000 & income < 200000)
6) What’s your new mean?
7) Create a simple box plot of your data. Be sure to add a title and label the axes.
HINT: Take a look at: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/r/r_boxplots.htm (specifically, Creating the Boxplot.) Instead of “mpg ~ cyl”, you want to use “income ~ zipCode”.
In the box plot you created, notice that all of the income data is pushed towards the bottom of the graph because most average incomes tend to be low. Create a new box plot where the y-axis uses a log scale. Be sure to add a title and label the axes. For the next 2 questions, use the ggplot library in R, which enables you to create graphs with several different types of plots layered over each other.
8) Make a ggplot that consists of just a scatter plot using the function geom_point() with position = “jitter” so that the data points are grouped by zip code. Be sure to use ggplot’s function for taking the log10 of the y-axis data. (Hint: for geom_point, have alpha=0.2).
9) Create a new ggplot by adding a box plot layer to your previous graph. To do this, add the ggplot function geom_boxplot(). Also, add color to the scatter plot so that data points between different zip codes are different colors. Be sure to label the axes and add a title to the graph. (Hint: for geom_boxplot, have alpha=0.1 and outlier.size=0).
10) What can you conclude from this data analysis/visualization?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.