Explore Presentations: Finding Visual Metaphors
This study sheet will help you to write a rough draft of the project assignment that you will revise later on. Answer the following questions as you work through your study to build a strong and successful project.
1. Which poem will you focus on in your presentation?
2. Think about the poem and then begin brainstorming about how it made you feel and what images it made you think of. Next, name three examples of similes or metaphors used in the poem. Then list three images you could use to illustrate each of those similes or metaphors.
3. What do you think is the theme or central idea of this poem? If you had to describe the poem in one sentence to a friend, how would you finish the sentence “I just read a poem about _____.”?
4. Now it’s time to start finding the images that will serve as the core of your presentation and the evidence of how you are interpreting and experiencing the poem.
5. What format do you think will work for your presentation? Do you plan to make a poster or use a flip chart? Or will you go digital and create a presentation in PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi, or another program? Or do you have another idea you want to explore?
6. You need to talk to an audience about this poem. What are the main points you want to convey? For each image, write a short explanation that tells the audience why you chose it. Then, describe what you want your audience to think about the poem after you’re finished with your presentation.
7. Make an outline that will guide your presentation. As you make your outline, consider these questions: What main ideas do you want to convey about the poem you’ve chosen? Will your presentation echo the flow of the poem? Or will you make your points in a different order than the poet originally did?
8. Describe how you will lead your audience members into your presentation. Will you use an attention-grabbing statement or a compelling image? What message or image will you leave them with at the end of your presentation?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.