BEFORE TAKING ON THE ASSIGNMENT, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE INFORMATION AND REQUIRED READINGS THAT GO ALONG WITH IT. MUST BE ORIGINAL WORK AND NO AI ASSISTANCE
Assignment Overview: MHA540 Introduction to Quality Assurance
With the consistently rising costs of health care services, utilization management and utilization review are routinely used in the vast majority of current health care settings. How are they evolving over time, and what is involved in these processes? What do health care managers need to be aware of as the processes play out?
In the absence of sweeping policy change (or the complete restructuring of the United States health care system), utilization management and utilization review are much more moderate processes to attempt to preserve the quality of care provided while controlling overall health care expenditures. Let’s learn a bit about each of these processes, and how they are implemented in our current health care environment.
Module 2 Homework Case Assignment
Using the information in the required readings as well as some additional research in peer reviewed sources, complete your Case Assignment by answering the following:
1. Compare and contrast utilization review and utilization management in health care. What are the similarities and the differences between each type of assessment? (Hint: One is generally a prospective process, and the other is generally a retrospective process).
Baker, J. (2017, May 1). Improving quality of care through utilization management [Video]. https://youtu.be/g-T-YeP53nY
2. Explain the specific role of each method in providing value-based health care. Who benefits from the method—the health care system, the insurance company, and/or the patient?
3. Articulate how individual case management is critical to a hospital’s long-term survival. In what way does this practice protect your patients while keeping your doors open for business?
4. What are the ethical pitfalls to be aware of in performing these types of quality reviews? What must health care managers be aware of in terms of ethical pitfalls and also potential unintended negative consequences?
1. Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your analysis.
2. Provide a response of 3-5 pages, not including title page and references.
3. As we have multiple required items to be addressed herein, please use subheadings to show where you’re responding to each required item and to ensure that none are omitted.
4. Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles and reliable sources. Use at least three references, and a minimum of two of these from peer-reviewed sources. For additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals, see: Angelo State University Library. (n.d.). Library Guides: How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals. Retrieved from https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
and for evaluating internet sources: Georgetown University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
5. You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
6. Paraphrase all source information into your own words carefully, and use in-text citations.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.